Compass

Compass

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Escape to Hidden Beaches

Last weekend I escaped.  I had worked all week in the city in Sydney and I needed to get into the wilderness.  I drove with my friends south down the coast to Husskison and went snorkelling.  Then we drove to a national park through dirt roads to a secluded Honeymoon bay (see previous post from the winter time visit).  We snorkeled and then spent the afternoon walking from Nelson's beach down the shoreline to Blenheim beach, and Greenfield beach.  It was spectacularly white sand, clear turquoise waters and pure blue sky.  We spent from 8am to 5pm in the water- basically from dawn til dusk.  It was one of the best days of my life.

1 comment:

  1. Paradise!!! wow. Ps, in relation to next post. The 80s waterbed, with its blue vinyl just like an ocean. Loved it too! I saw Lee Anne this past summer in Cobourg, and Lenna too. Crazy, it had been like 10 years. We were all laughing at how much we are all still so much the same.

    ReplyDelete